"How?"


"How?"






It is a cruel irony that we are not grateful for what we have. Ever since I was young, I have always seen a gap in society.  A smile in small houses, objects and hearts breaking in the grand villas. Some recklessly wasting the hard-earned money their parents spend in order to give them a quality education, some earnestly importuning for a chance to learn but have no doors open to them. Some fussing over a two-page assignment, while some burdened with juvenille responsibilities.


This broke my heart and I decided that I wanted to make a change. But, my primary obstacle was "How?".


Flashback to August 2025, when Jammu was hit with one of the most intense, record-breaking monsoon causing floods. Not only houses were lost, but lives as well. I saw all over the news the dire condition of people and a tiny voice in me was screaming "You need to help them!". So, I decided to contribute to a drive started in my locality. We donated food, clothing, hygiene products for girls and any other neccessities required.


But, for me, that wasn't enough. I wanted to do more. Luckily, an opportunity came knocking on my door. Fast forward to April, 2026 - I got the chance to work with TribesforGOOD who introduced me to two NGO's - KurNiv Foundation, Mumbai and CHI, Hyderabad. I conducted online workshops with these NGO's on topics related to 'Women in STEM'.


After waiting impatiently for so long, my "How?" was finally answered and there was no stopping me now. I conducted one more offline workshop in my own locality. Talking to girls actually struggling in real life was heart-wrenching. I realised that the situation is grave. Girls want to study, but they can't. Being a girl interested in STEM myself, I am grateful that I have been provided the support and resources and that's exactly what I wanted for these girls.


So, I initiated a fundraiser so that I could donate STEM related materials and resources to the girls who don't have access to them. As of May, 2026 I had successfully raised about Rs. 32,500/- and donated books to the girls I talked to. I am still in contact with them, and whenever they ask me for help or guidance, I feel elated and proud that they know that someone is there to support their dreams and would make their dream come true.


I also designed a brochure which gave a summary of various scholarships available for girls and started my own podcast because I wanted to reach out to a wider audience and wanted to inspire young girls who are afraid to come forward. 


But, this is not where the journey ends- I look forward to conducting more workshops in the future. I am also going to continue my fundraiser so that I can provide access to books and resources to a wider number of people. I will also be creating a website so that all STEM related materials are available at one place.


Now, the next question is 'Why Women in STEM?'. Well, I have loved science since I was a kid. I was curious and questioned everything around me. But, as I grew older, I heard stereotypes- "Girls are not made for science." or "Girls aren't practical enough to pursue a career in STEM". One that stuck with me- "If you really want to get into the field of STEM you should probably stick to becoming a teacher or a doctor, don't waste your time trying to achieve something impossible."



Well, you see, another thing about me is that I don't like when someone doubts me. I have an urge to prove them wrong. So, as you can see, dear reader, I am not only motivated myself but I also want to take other girls, who are oppressed, who can't speak up, whose dreams have been silenced, forward with me so that we succeed together.


Thankyou for taking out your time to read something that I have been wanting to spread. I hope that this has ignited a fire in you. Girls, you are capable enough to do something that society says boys can. Boys, this is not meant to bring you down, it is meant to inspire girls and boys alike to speak up for the unheard voices. Do follow, share and comment. Excited to see you next time!

XOXO






Comments

  1. I think you will definitely motivate and inspire your generation .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job…follow the passion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Commendable work...keep it up
    Glad to see your concern for the noble cause...more power to you

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is soo cool and inspiring ✨🀍

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really inspiring and motivating for the people you are helping..keep it upπŸ”₯

    ReplyDelete
  6. πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯ amazingggggggg

    ReplyDelete
  7. such great work πŸ’—πŸ’—

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the initiative 🫢

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work beta. God bless πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

    ReplyDelete
  10. Proud of you dear Akshara... Keep up the spirit πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are very kind hearted..inspired about your thoughts..an article well written..

    ReplyDelete
  12. So thoughtful and inspiring πŸ™ŒπŸΌ

    ReplyDelete
  13. Akshara- very nicely written both the articles..we are proud of you. Your feelings have really moved me..keep sharing your thoughts..very inspiring..you are go getter, kind hearted, girl..keep it upπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜- Ashwani Mahajan

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's really Commendable

    ReplyDelete
  15. God bless.keep up the good work!!! From Grandparents

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kudos to dear Akshara for this meaningful venture. All the best. Dr Anju Koul

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great work God bless you πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»❤️

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great workπŸ‘πŸ‘
    Keep spreading the goodness ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great job πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ’―

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great initiative πŸ‘ πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
  21. The young generation is quite smart and focused what they want from their future. This may be the first step and sky is the limit dear akshara.

    Keep it up
    Good luck🌹

    ReplyDelete
  22. Excellent πŸ‘ Akshara

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great going dear, keep it up. A very nice initiative especially for girls from marginalised sections of society. Dr Pooja

    ReplyDelete
  24. Being emphathtic is the quality we the parents should try to inculcate in our children. Kudos Akshara ..keep doing the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  25. True change begins when empathy turns into action. What touched me most is not just your concern for society's challenges, but your willingness to become part of the solution. Your journey reminds us that even small acts of kindness can create ripples of hope. Keep inspiring others through your compassion and purpose-driven work.
    Keep making a difference and changing lives

    ReplyDelete
  26. Treading a path very few dare to undertake...Great initiatives. Keep sharing and spreading the goodness. Do share your fundraiser link.❤️

    ReplyDelete
  27. I would like to congratulate you on your wonderful work and the kindness you consistently show towards others. Your empathy, compassion, and willingness to help those around you are truly admirable qualities. The positive impact you make on people's lives reflects your strong character and caring nature.
    I have great confidence in your abilities and believe that with your dedication, kindness, and determination, you will achieve remarkable success in life. Continue to nurture these qualities, as they will not only help you reach your goals but also inspire and uplift many others along the way. Wishing you all the very best for a bright and successful future.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thankyou so much everyone for all your love and support!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Life's Direction- An Unpredictable Journey!